Living through this pandemic has impacted almost every aspect of our lives and our home space is no exception.
We spent more time in our home this last year, using it as a working, schooling, playing, and living space. We had to adapt to new and often unsettling situations that forced a reimagination of our spaces. All of us are seeking more comfort, serenity and flexibility in creating our haven from the world.
As we look forward into 2021 here are 5 décor trends you will LOVE and want to bring into your own space.
- Zen cozy spaces and natural fibers – Whether it’s a whole room or just a quiet corner, we will seek out a sanctuary to call our own, where we can go and relax for a few moments to “get away”. All you need is a big chair, cozy cotton blanket, maybe a soft linen pillow, some magazines a hot cup of tea and a lovely candle and you have the perfect Zen space.
- Plants – Tall trees and plants are going to continue to trend in our spaces. They bring nature and all it’s health benefits into your home. Developing a collection of interior plants is aesthetically pleasing and good for your physical and mental health.
- Multi functional spaces – Home became our whole world this past year. We have had to adapt and create new space for work, classrooms, and gyms where we never imagined them before. As our extended home life continues, it is important to make sure these spaces serve all your needs, are comfortable, organized, functional and visually pleasing to the eye. Storage systems and furnishings that allow you to pack up the gym when it’s time to work, then put the office out of sight when it’s time to relax will be integral in 2021.
- Strong Colours Mixed with Neutrals – One of my favourite ways to decorate is with neutral furniture and adding pops of colour with artwork, pillows or throws and rugs. Easy to change over seasonally or whenever you need a new view, find colours and objects that create a feeling of joy, peace and sanctuary in your haven.
- Wicker and Rattan Furniture – I have always loved wicker and rattan furniture, so I was thrilled it is still be around for another year, hopefully more than that. You can never go wrong with a wicker chair or rattan bed frame. We love this frame from Serena and Lily
These are only a few of the décor trends for 2021 but these were a few of our favourites. Will you add any of these decor trends to your home? Let us know in the comments below.